For those of you who have been with Standard Process for quite some time, you may have been familiar with our original bentonite clay product, Cholacol 11. It’s been gone for some time due to the absence of high-quality non-irradiated clay.
Great news! It’s back with a new name and expanded qualities including being vegan friendly.
Being an adsorbent, it kind of acts like a “sponge for toxins” similar to what an activated water purifier does, but rather than soaking them up like a sponge, they sit on the surface and wait for removal from the body. Being an adsorbent (not to be confused with absorbent), its’ materials are capable of trapping certain substances to its’ surface or within its’ pores, shielding them from interactions in a biological or chemical system. Consider it your first line of defense against harmful things ingested.
- It neutralizes allergens-which helps prevent allergic reaction & histamine response.
- It supports gut barrier integrity especially from microbial toxins including mold.
- It decreases Zonulin in stool- elevated levels of Zonulin can be used as a biomarker of impaired gut barrier function for several autoimmune, neurodegenerative, and tumoral diseases¹. Considered excellent for GI health and elimination.²
- It assists in the removal of harmful substances like heavy metals, mycotoxins and ammonia in the GI tract.³
The ingredients are Clinoptilolite, which is volcanic ash from a marine environment, chlorella, and Collinsonia root. The Chlorella is certified no excipients, vegan, non-GMO, BSE-TSE free, non-irradiated, non- ethylene oxide, no solvents, melamine free, no pesticides, prop-65 compliant. Rich in rosmarinic acid, Collinsonia root has a long traditional use of being hepatoprotective, supports the integrity of blood vessels (hemorrhoids/varicose veins)⁴ and new studies reveal neuroprotective properties.⁵
Suggested use: 4 capsules daily on an empty stomach
- Zonulin, regulation of tight junctions, and autoimmune diseases
- Zeolite Clinoptilolite: Therapeutic Virtues of an Ancient Mineral
- Collinsonia Root: A Remedy Rooted in American History
- Neuroprotective Effects of Rosmarinic Acid on Ciguatoxin in Primary Human Neurons