As you might imagine, anyone considering flu shots this year are expressing concern about a new category of vaccination known as mRNA. While concerns about mandatory vaccination looms large for health care professionals and for patients, allow me to share preparatory guidelines based on a recent meeting with a colleague.
She suggested the ‘National Vaccine Information Center’ as a good website to further educate yourself and your patients.
Once inside the body, this synthetic Messenger RNA (mRNA) enters our cells by penetrating its lipid membrane in order to reach the cytoplasm. It then instructs our cells to produce the spike protein found on the surface of SARS-CoV-2- the virus that causes COVID-19. The body recognizes the spike protein as an invader and produces antibodies against it.
The structure and function of cells are critically dependent on this double-layered membrane surface, which not only separates the interior of the cell from its environment but also defines the internal compartments.
Here’s what to consider should vaccination be the only option. Regardless, these are great for keeping our immune system “fighting strong”.
- 4 daily MediHerb Echinacea Premium for 2 weeks prior and post –it primes and readies the body for attack. The vast majority of supportive evidence would be aimed at improving the effectiveness of the vaccination itself, and there are studies regarding the use of Echinacea as an immunomodulator & stimulant to support the immune system. Echinacea stimulates various immune cells such as macrophages and natural killer cells and promotes antibody production.
- Support detox post-vaccination-3 daily MediHerb LivCo
- Support chelation 3 daily MediHerb ChelaCo
- Eating bone broth and chewing Calcifood wafers/powder. Calcifood is an excellent source of chondroitin sulfate, raw bone protein, bone marrow, collagen, and gelatin- Chondroitin Sulphate has been reported to have anti-inflammatory effects. It was shown to inhibit in vitro the synthesis of various inflammatory intermediates, such as nitric oxide (NO) synthase, cyclooxygenase (COX)-2, microsomal prostaglandin synthase (mPGES)-1 and prostaglandin (PG) E2 [Campo et al. 2009a; Legendre et al. 2008; Chan et al. 2005b; Bassleer et al. 1998].
- Standard Process Cod Liver Oil or Olprima EPA/DHA to promote cell wall integrity and unburden inflammatory burdens. Cod Liver oil is a source of Vitamin D (It’s difficult to control inflammation if Vitamin D levels are low). Vitamin D should be at least 40 in a recent blood test.
Lastly, be well-rested and in good health. This is a good time to be defensive, and consume edible intelligence.